1965 -1973 Mustang, 1967-1970 Cougar Subframe Connectors
Gen I Part #109401
Gen II Part #109401-1
Tin Man Subframe Connectors are the strongest on the market! These Mustang and Cougar Subframe Connectors are built using are 2” x 2” square by .120” thick steel tubing and are pre-formed to closely follow the contours of your floor. They are built to look as if they belong under your car while drastically stiffening your chassis for those higher horsepower situations. There is no need to cut your floor pans and the only tools needed to install them is a grinder or cut off tool, a drill bit and a little welding skill.
Gen I Connectors are our original and most popular. Great chassis stiffening for the driver quality cars.
Gen II Connectors are updated for additional stiffness by adding an extra center attachment point and pre-installed traction bar brackets for the addition of Tin Man's Traction Bar Kits. Great for the track day guy and elimination of wheel hop.
Note: Gen I connectors also work great on convertible models with some floor reinforcement pan notching and extra welding.
Our precision made subframe connectors work in conjunction with our drive shaft loop and Traction Bars. Please refer to the How To section for a video detailing installation.
Subframe connectors fit:
- 1965-1973 Mustang fast back, coupes and Convertibles. (see note above)
- 1967-1970 Cougars.
See "Subframe Connector, Traction Bar Kit" category for combination kit prices
Our traction bars are the best quality just like all the rest of our Tin Man products.
They are made with left and right hand thread forged steel polyurethane rod ends with adjustable center link that is knurled and notched for hand or wrench adjustment. Brackets are precision welded and gloss black powder coated. These will give you a similar look as the original style under rider bars but with much more strength and adjustment. Can be adjusted for pinion angle changes as well as pre-loading the suspension for better traction.
You are able to purchase the traction bars 3 different ways:
1. #109411-1 Traction Bar with Front Bracket (for previously purchased TMF basic Sub Connectors only. Includes weld on front bracket); fits 1967 - 1973. #109412-1 Kit. 1965-1966.
2. #109411-2 Traction Bars with no front bracket (to fit Previously installed Gen II or future purchase of Gen II Sub Frame connectors) ; fits 1967 - 1973. Traction bars are bolt in with this kit. #109412-2 Kit. 1965-1966.
3. #109411-3 Traction Bars with Gen II Sub Frame connectors. Kit. #109412-3 Kit. 1965-1966.
4. #109411-4 Traction Bars with Gen II Sub Frame connectors and weld in Drive Shaft Loop. Complete Kit. #109412-4 Kit. 1965-1966.