Tin Man's Project Mustang: Project Update
From Tin Man Fabrication, Inc.
It’s been a while since we’ve posted an update about our project ’67 Mustang. To bring you up to speed this ’67 Mustang started life as a six-cylinder car out of California. When we started this project it involved a complete drivetrain swap with an ’88 5.0 Mustang GT. Along the way we installed Tin Man motor mounts, T5 crossmember, subframe connectors and traction bars. However, feeling the need for speed we made plans for more power and better handling to make this Mustang really move!
Here are the specs of the new engine:
- 11.2:1 compression 347 Stroker with an Eagle rotating assembly
- Comp Cams hydraulic roller bump stick with .565/574 lift and 282/290 duration
- Procomp heads with port and valve work
- Edelbrock Pro Flow XT intake and 90mm throttle body
- 35lb injectors and Fast EZ EFI controls
- TKO 500 transmission
- Ram clutch
On the dyno the 347 made 468hp at 6100 rpm and 430 lb ft of torque. With a very flat torque curve this pony is ready to run.
We will be also upgrading the front suspension to tubular A-arms and all the brakes will be Wilwood disc brakes. To complement the new power and brakes will be a set of sticky track only wheels and tires.
In these pics the body has been repainted and new graphics will be done soon.
Project Update 1/23/15
We've got the 347 stroker installed now and she fits great. The motor now has a custom serpentine system as well.
Project Update 2/25/15
Tin Man's Mustang is coming along nicely. We've now installed:
- An export brace built custom from 1” DOM tubing
- New stand offs for the upper shock mount that you do not see in the picture.
- A new cooling system, with custom fan shroud and air box to support the extra 200 hp from the 347 Stroker.
Exterior: All the emblems were removed and holes welded. The front valance was modified to look similar to a Shelby and the rear valance, we removed the backup lights and did cutouts for the exhaust. The outside has been painted with an off the shelf bright white acrylic enamel to keep the cost reasonable. Mike Iverson (Ike) came out to the shop and applied the new graphics. All the trim was repaired and polished and all the rubber parts replaced. Wheels are Factory Mustang 17” Bullets from a '91 Mustang. The fronts were narrowed to 7” and the rears are stock 8”. Tires are Dunlop 245/45ZR17
Interior: The stock gauge cluster was modified to fit new Autometer Pro Comp gauges and 3 point seat belts were installed. The seats are Mustang Recaro’s from a fox body that have been upholstered to match the stock interior.